Goodbye 2017, hello 2018!
2017 marked my 30th year on this Earth and like many people do I have spent time reflecting on the past year and looking forward to the one ahead.
Here is my list of 30 events and moments from my year as a 30 year old
- Seeing in the New Year in Amsterdam
- Visiting Burma with Ben
- Going to new places (Chiang Mai and Koh Samui) in Thailand with my friends from home
- Meeting, playing and bathing with elephants in Chiang Mai
- Spending time on the beautiful island of Koh Rong in Cambodia
- Visiting Huangshan (The yellow mountains) with friends from school
- Finally getting to visit Hong Kong (And I flew business class!)
- Maria and Mitch coming to visit Shanghai and Beijing
- A trip to the Chinese countryside of Guilin
- Disneyland Shanghai – three times in the space of 6 months!
- Seeing the students that I started the school with graduate
- A trip to neighbouring Ningbo
- The Colour Run
- Another trip with friends from work, to the gambling capital of Asia, Macau
- My last week, days, hours and minutes at HSDFZ
- Leave China for the final time (oh the tears!)
- Going to Tokyo
- Move home and living with my parents
- Buying a car
- Getting a new job as a trainee teacher
- A week of absolute debauchery in Ibiza
- Wedding season
- Russian friends from Hangzhou visiting
- Notting Hill carnival
- Remembering how to be a student and having to write assignments at master’s level instead of social media level!
- A weekend trip to Paris with Maria
- Getting dumped via Wechat call! (While prepping for an interview!)
- Successfully getting a permanent job
- My first Christmas at home in 4 years
- Turning 31…what could possibly go wrong!
What a busy year! The first 6 months of 2017 were chaotic! I tried to cram in as many trips as humanly possible knowing that I wouldn’t be back in that part of the world for some time. 2018 will probably be another busy year, but more centred around work instead of taking last minute trips here, there and everywhere.
In regards to New Year’s resolutions, I secretly make the same ones that everyone else does and then gives up on them by the end of January. However one thing that I am determined to do is to keep updating my blog, so watch keep watching this space.
Happy New Year!!